Friday, October 24, 2008

BaBy GaRrEtT











So we had our baby boy 11 days early. Saturday Oct 18th . He was 7 lbs. 4 oz. 21 in. long. Mark was up hunting when I started getting contractions every 6-7 min. I called the doctor and she said I was fine and I just needed to relax. So I called Mark and he said he would head back down and be home by one. So I watched some TV and tried to relax. My contractions started getting closer and closer. I tried to get a hold of Mark and he had lost reception up at the ranch. I figured he was on his way so I tried to relax some more. Well one o'clock came closer and the contractions were also. I started to freak out cause 1 came then 1:30, and still no word from Mark. Finally at around 2 I called my mom to have her bring me to the hospital. We left my house at around 2:15 and on the way there Mark finally called me. He made it to the hospital right when they were putting in my IV. The IV was the worst part. The epidural was a wonderful thing. They actually had to give me something a little bit stronger cause my right side wouldn't numb all the way. Then I couldn't push very well cause I couldn't feel anything so they turned off the epidural. So toward the end of pushing they turned it back on so I wouldn't feel anything. Everything overall went smoothly. I pushed for 1 hr and 8 min and was in labor for a total of about 8-9 hrs. (well of hard labor) Our baby is a gorgeous little man! We are so lucky and blessed to have a baby. We couldn't be happier. We love our baby Garrett!!

9 comments:

The Kidd Family said...

He is so cute. We are so happy for you guys. We were talking to Kolby about Garrett and if he wanted to see him again and he said "no just Karenann and Mark" I think he kinda feels replaced. Congratulations. If you need anything give me a call.

The Kidd Family said...

BTW he looks so cute in that third picture with his little smile.

Erin said...

i thought i posted a comment, but i don't see it...so i'll post one again.
he is so cute! i love the picture of him & mark sleeping. i have so many pictures of parker & guy sleeping together.
i can't wait to see you guys again.

Whitney Booth said...

Hey I tagged you! Check out my blog.

Mickie Ann said...

YAYAYAYA!! We are so excited to see Baby Garrett!! I am sorry for the pushing for over and hour... I pushed for FOUR with Tietjen.. it gets easier with the next because with Annie is was like 3 pushes and out she popped!! CONGRATS!!! oh ps. I love pics with new dads asleep with their babies....

Lisa said...

Ah labor stories, I can never get enough. :) Wohoo on a smooth and healthy delivery and baby! Sorry about the 1+ hrs of pushing, that's always so exhausting. I did 2 hrs with Lee and then a foreceps delivery, which killed. Annalisa was 10 minutes pushing, so life does improve. I want to come see him sometime. He looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I can't wait until I live closer so I can see you guys more.

Erin said...

i need more pictures please :)

Angi Gerrie said...

Congrats! He is adorable!